Fitting an EzyDog Harness
Posted on April 27 2021
A properly fitting harness could be the difference between a fury escapee to a fabulous walking partner. Learn how to measure and fit your dog for a harness and how a dog harness should fit to make your next walk more enjoyable for everyone.
Get the Sizing Right
Weight - Your dog’s weight can help you determine which harnesses will be strong enough for them to wear.
Neck - The circumference of your dogs neck
Girth - The circumference of your dogs chest. Ezydog Chest Plate has an extra loop that can be threaded to make it shorter between sizes - like if you puppy is growing from a medium to a large
Ezydog Chest Plate has an extra loop that can be threaded to make it shorter between sizes - like if you puppy is growing from a medium to a large.
Fitting the Chest Plate Harness
1) Firstly unclip clips and loosen straps
2) Pop the harness on a flat surface and step your dogs right foot through the triangle
3) Clip the upper neck strap
4) Clip the strap around the girth
5) Tighten and adjust your straps if you need to. The fit should be snug but not tight.
Fitting the Convert Harness
1) Firstly adjust the velcro chest strap and lengthen the girth strap
2) Slide the harness over your pups head
3) Connect girth strap around tummy
Signs the Harness Doesn't Fit Properly
- If they can wiggle out of it
- if the back piece moves around their back
- If it loosens during walking
- Losing fur around the harness area could be a sign that there is an allergy to materials
Having your harness fitting correctly can be the difference between a great walk with your pup or a really uncomfortable one. Here at Pet Connect we find the Ezydog Harnesses the most comfortable with the soft padded chest plate that takes all the pressure. The convert harness is super easy - just click on to your furry companion and you’re ready for any adventure.
Chest Plate Harness
The ergonomic and super comfortable fit of the Ezydog Chest Plate Harness has dogs all over the world celebrating. The Chest Plate distributes the load evenly across your dog's chest rather than the throat, to make walks enjoyable for both you and your furry friend.
The Convert Harness is the most versatile dog harness on the market - you can take this harness anywhere! Just clip it on and you and your furry companion are good to go. It's super durable and strong while being soft on your dog.
If your dog loves the outdoors and does not want to be limited in any way by their harness, then this is the perfect solution. Because the load is distributed across the dog's chest and around the sides, it does not pull against the throat like a standard collar does. Durable materials and innovative construction helps to ensure a safe and secure fit. Like all Ezydog harnesses, it is finished with a stainless steel D-ring that won't rust, and features a soft-touch, magnetic traffic handle for when you need close control of your dog.